PedTrax provides counting, direction, and speed tracking of pedestrians within the cross-walk. This feature automatically collects and displays this information along with normal vehicle and bicycle detection. The PedTrax feature is embedded within Iteris detection algorithms, and there is no need for any additional equipment for this feature to operate. With count and speed data of pedestrians within the crosswalk, combined with the already available vehicle and bicycle counts, agencies now have the data necessary to support enhanced safety initiatives, improve funding applications, and a focused effort on roadway improvements.
- Utilizes previously installed non-intrusive sensor systems
- Additional data stream to existing vehicle and bicycle counts
- Pedestrian speed data can help improve signal timing efficiency
- No additional setup required
- Field-proven detection performance from the industry leader
- Vantage Vector