The Eliminator™ is a cost effective, "state of the art" traffic signal preemption and collision avoidance system for emergency vehicles and public transit buses. It contains two major sub-systems: The vehicle sub-system and the traffic signal sub-system. It can dramatically reduce collisions involving emergency vehicles and public transit buses at signalized and non-signalized intersections.
Emergency vehicle preemption can pay for itself
In the city of Plano, Texas, for example, preemption decreased response times and allowed Plano’s fire stations to serve 7.5 square miles per station instead of the anticipated 5.6 square miles1. This allows for a greater service area for each station, reducing facility and staff costs.
The benefit to the city is that it is currently operating 10 stations compared to the 13 that had been forecast, resulting in a capital cost savings of approximately $9 million and an annual operating cost savings of approximately $7.5 million.
The return on investment of the Eliminator™ is the highest in the industry. Minimal hardware requirements and streamlined installation, coupled with the potential life, equipment and cost savings, make the Eliminator™ the best value in preemption. The addition of Collision Avoidance offers something truly priceless – peace of mind for your emergency personnel.
Why choose the Eliminator™ traffic preemption & collision avoidance technology?
- The Only Preemption system with a Graphical User Interface in the vehicle
- GPS Based System
- Backup Inertial Measurement Unit for when Satellite Triangulation is not available
- Collision Avoidance warns equipped emergency vehicles of an impending collision
- Collision Avoidance does not require a traffic signal – works even in rural areas via V2V communications protocol
- Other preemption systems do not have this feature
Preempts traffic signals:
- Under adverse weather conditions
- Reliably in heavy fog/snow/rain/dust
- Through obstructions: buildings, buses, vehicles, foliage, bridges
- Around curves in the roadway
- Does not require realignment after heavy winds
- Provides 360° protection against collision with other emergency vehicles, even at unsignalized intersections
- Visual confirmation in the vehicle of preemption status, overlaid on a map
- System can pro-actively preempt upcoming additional intersections laterally based on the vehicle’s turn signal status